If you are an existing NSI or NSIT looking to continue to deliver Bikeability, you will need to convert to the revised cycle training instructor qualification from 1st4Sport. Likewise, if you are a Bikeability scheme operator, then you will need to ensure that your instructor team are up to date in their delivery.
We are offering a Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) route to the 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Instructing Cycle Training, designed to prepare learners for continued employment as cycle trainers whilst recognising existing qualifications and experience.
Learners will be fully supported to progress to the new qualifications by completing a course enrolment session, which will give a clear pathway for completing the qualification. This will include learner registration, access to an e-portfolio, and a PCA within 6 months. We will guide learners through the process and can offer support with exemplar evidence and individualised learning plans to enable you to continue successfully working within the sector. Click here to view the course structure in more detail, and here to learn why you should choose BikeRight! as your training provider. If this sounds like it applies to you, book onto one of our courses below!
With this qualification you will be able to continue to deliver not only Bikeability training in schools but also a wide range of other cycle training services. This is an Ofqual regulated course that can lead to further qualifications as your career progresses.
* You must be at least 18 years of age and be accurately identified as such
* You must be an existing National Standards Instructor or Instructor Trainer (you will need you NSI/T number to register for this course)
* You must have access to suitable clothing for all weathers, a roadworthy bike and bike lock for each day of the course
* You will need access to a laptop or tablet device during the course – if you need support with sourcing a device please get in touch
* You will need to be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing
If you're a Bikeability provider, Local Authority or Grant Recipient and want to arrange a group course for your instructors at your own location, please get in touch with our RDC team. We can run courses anywhere in the UK provided there is access to a suitable indoor venue and cooperation from your scheme to schedule post course assessments for learners, which we will have to return to your location to complete within 6 months of the induction.
* Prices shown include the cost of one Post Course Assessment (further fees will be charged for additional PCAs if required to confirm qualification)
* Prices shown are inclusive of VAT
* For bespoke group courses, travel and subsistence will be charged at cost with supporting documentation
There are currently no events scheduled.